Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everyone, I'm an ultra beginner linux user. I've decided to learn linux just to learn more about computers. I''m sick of not knowing what to do when there's a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Running NBA Live 07 on Linux Fedora

Hi everyone,

I'm an ultra beginner linux user. I've decided to learn linux just to learn more about computers. I''m sick of not knowing what to do when there's a problem with my PC. I figured if I studied how an OS works I'd be able to troubleshoot better. I'm thinking of using a dual-boot with vista to try it out first.

My question is, can NBA live 07 run on Linux? I haven't seen a thread on this yet, maybe you've already answered this kind of question before. Thanks!

Welcome to Linux and LinuxForums!

You can use wine to run Windows application in Linux. However not all applications will run, at least as they should. My advice: if you want games, keep a partition with Windows.
    Linux is like a Teepee, No Windows, No Gates, Only Apache Inside!
    Arch Linux
    Linux user #442041

Just Joined!

Thanks valemon! I saw FIFA 06 there in the applications database so I guess it may be able to run NBA live07. But first I have to install linux. I haven't gotten the nerve to do it yet and I still need to back up some files. What distribution or distro (is that correct?) do you use? I bought a linux 2005 bible a few weeks ago, it was on sale and was very cheap so I snagged it. hehe But the distributions contained are already dated. I haven't decided what to use yet.

Always a good think to back up your data The distro's I am using are in my signature. I would suggest looking at the new users faq and your favorite Linux distribution for new users poll. If you got any question don't hesitate to post
    Arch Linux
    Linux user #442041

Just Joined!
    Yeah, i figured hehe I already installed fedora (I think its 6.9). Havent tried nba live yet. How do you install a program? Shoud I just cd to the directory then type setup.exe? Thanks!

Do you want to be a computer engineer? =) What's a computer engineer's job description? I was also thinking maybe I could shift to CS related work since I've become interested in it lately. Although I don't know what career paths I can take or what field would interest me. Thanks again!

*.exe are only for windows and cannot be installed in Linux, at least natively. For installing software in linux I suggest looking in this guide, written by techieMoe. Also check wine, a translation layer capable of running Windows applications on Linux.
    Arch Linux
    Linux user #442041

Just Joined!
    Ok, thanks for the help!