Find the answer to your Linux question:
I work for a charity and thinking of a Linux server instead of expensive windows. I have a little experience with SUSE 10.2 as I have a server at home ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Office upgrade

I work for a charity and thinking of a Linux server instead of expensive windows. I have a little experience with SUSE 10.2 as I have a server at home as a backup. I found SUSE easyish to set up for networking. Tried UBUNTU but gave up as networking did not seem to be easy to get going. Other contender I suppose is RED HAT.

All suggestions and advice, pointers to articles welcome.

I'm not sure what advice we could offer you, since it looks like you've already tried several distributions and settled on the one that worked for you. You're two steps ahead most folks who ask for distro advice here. Is there something in particular you wanted suggestions on?
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Couple of questions then

Well, I am not experienced with setting up a server for some 18 PCs and doing for an office has a higher level of resposibility I suppose. Someone on the forum probably has some experience and may have some ideas as to features and what to watch out for.

1. One thing in mind now is HTML mail, and I woul like to know if this is feasible and what is needed to achieve it?

2. Another thing is how would I connect the server inrelation to the existing broadband link? Would it be between the PCs (currently with their own connection to the router) and the line? Is this called a proxy server?

Thanks

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close