Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am new to linux, I think that much is fair to say. I have currently install, Ubuntu. My end goal is to be able to admin and create a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Beginner Linux books for Web Server

I am new to linux, I think that much is fair to say. I have currently install, Ubuntu. My end goal is to be able to admin and create a safe and stable web server which will be used to house ecommerce servers.

I know I have to start at the bottom so first of all, what are your reccomended books to learn linux overall.

Since my goal is to admin and create safe and stable web servers. What are your picks on books that could help me progress into that area?

I am looking on Amazon and here are my current picks for books leading into that direction:

A Practical Guide to Linux(R) Commands, Editors, and Shell Programming
    Linux Administration: A Beginner's Guide
    Linux in a Nutshell

When I start the web server, I will be running CentOS as the distro. Using apache, MySQL, and PHP. So pretty much a basic LAMP server. I need to stress the security since it will be a commerce server. I want to do some custom iptables and was thinking about putting in a proxy. Linux security is one thing I am not very informed on so I am sure that will come with practice and one of the books :P.

Thanks to anyone with suggestions on some books or articles.

oz
    forum.guy
    I am looking on Amazon and here are my current picks for books leading into that direction:

A Practical Guide to Linux(R) Commands, Editors, and Shell Programming
    Linux Administration: A Beginner's Guide
    Linux in a Nutshell
    Those are all good books.

Another good general Linux book is Running Linux (5th edition) by O'Reilly. I think you can find it there at Amazon, where you are already looking.

Here are some free online books that might also be of use to you:

The Linux Cookbook: Tips and Techniques for Everyday Use - Table of Contents

http://rute.2038bug.com/index.html.gz
    oz