Find the answer to your Linux question:
So I recently purchased a new laptop and I decided I would dualboot Vista and Ubuntu (first go at linux). Everything installed beautifully and I didn't have any problems until ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Dual booting Ubuntu/Vista Business

So I recently purchased a new laptop and I decided I would dualboot Vista and Ubuntu (first go at linux). Everything installed beautifully and I didn't have any problems until I went back to windows and realized I had mixed up my partitions and gave vista 40 gigs and ubuntu 110 gigs. I was wondering if there was some way I could repartition/assign the 110 gigs to vista and make ubuntu take the 40 gigs. I tried reinstalling ubuntu and telling it to only take 40 gigs, but that didn't work. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! The wierd thing was that my vista partition was already 110 gigs and when I installed ubuntu it just took over a bunch of the partition when I accidentally told it the wrong amount of space to make its partition.

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums!

You could try using the Vista partitioning tool (under Disk Management) to resize/expand the Vista partition, then use the PartedMagic LiveCD to easily resize/shrink the Ubuntu partition.

It would be wise to make a backup first just in case anything should go wrong.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Thank you for the advice, I wasn't aware vista had tools like that in it as this laptop is my first opportunity to use it. I actually just ended up reinstalling everything since I hadn't really done anything yet.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oz
    forum.guy
    Glad you are up and running!

Don't hesitate to start new threads with any other questions.
    oz