Find the answer to your Linux question:
are the discs in the linux magazines working linux o.s ? is just small parts of the program ? I had tried at one time to install the disc in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

the discs in those magazines ?

are the discs in the linux magazines working linux o.s ? is just small parts of the program ? I had tried at one time to install the disc in " redhat linux for dummies, but the computer wouldnt boot from that disc. which ever one I try this time though, I'll be starting with a blank hard drive, the redhad disc I was trying to boot with windows still installed. it's a dell 8100 40g hard drive, and 256/ram.

oz
    forum.guy
    More than likely it will be a full distribution, but those CDs are sometimes a bit outdated. Check your version against the latest version of that particular distribution at DistroWatch.
    oz

Linux Newbie

re:

thanks oz, reason i asked is, my dvd burner on this comp is fried, so i can't download/burn, so the magazine one would be my only chance...

oz
    forum.guy
    Note that you can also get the latest versions of different distros from various Linux CD vendors if you search the internet for Linux CDs. I've seen them as cheap as 99 cents per CD plus shipping, so that might be another alternative for you. The Ubuntu folks will send you a CD for free, but it takes a while to receive it.
    oz