Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthre...Number=1176312 The AOL tutorial, only for windows but I suppose you could adapt the information to use on linux...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthre...Number=1176312

The AOL tutorial, only for windows but I suppose you could adapt the information to use on linux

I just read on another thread that pnggy is some sort of software that can use the aol access codes or somethign like that, i ran a search and didnt get much, but if someone hear knows more, please share.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Just Joined!

aol

i just did a search and people at forums were saying how aol have made their browser optional now, so that you can connect to the internet you don't need to open their browser. this feature is apparently available in the second version of aol 9. since i have the german version of aol 9.0, i'm not sure if it's available and i can't find anything that would allow me to just connect without using the browser. it's so annoying, isn't it?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I dont want to make you go majorly out of your way, but you might just want to consider switching ISP's...epecialy as DSL is so cheap now, ifyou do some bargain hunting, you may find a broadband provider for less than or the same as your current dial-up cost.

Formerly Known as qub333

Just Joined!
    i would love to get dsl or broadband, and i can get dsl for really cheap in germany, but the problem is that i'm only in germany for about 2 months a year, so it wouldn't be worth it. in ireland there is a broadband service but it's too expensive. plus, i might be moving to london in september to study so i can't commit to anything right now.
    when i got the laptop, aol gave me 100 if i signed up to their service for 2 years. i could choose the dsl service, but as far as i know the dialup service only costs when you use it, there's no fixed monthly charge so this would suit me when i use it in germany.

ok, that makes sense, so this is more a question for you then, did aol give you access numbers that a 3rd party dialer could reach? or only the aol browser, since aol no offers a version that does not require you to use the browser to dial, mabey they just gave the access numbers?

Formerly Known as qub333

Just Joined!

Yes

If Linux for you? yes dude, now, the different distros supported the most hardware and the most services that use under windows or other operating system, link to http://www.linuxiso.org and download the iso image to burn and begin the experience. No fear man.

Regards.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2