Find the answer to your Linux question:
Yesterday I successfully installed Absolute linux on my computer, and everything works, except for the built in laptop mouse and the ps/2 mouse. Does anyone now how to change what ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Help Configuring Mouse for Absolute Linux

Yesterday I successfully installed Absolute linux on my computer, and everything works, except for the built in laptop mouse and the ps/2 mouse. Does anyone now how to change what mouse it looks for without installing the entire OS again?

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums!

I'm not at all familiar with Absolute Linux, but they might have some kind of option in a Control Center of some type, under the graphical user interface. Otherwise, input devices are setup and configured in the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file. You can scan the file to find the various locations that might need to be edited. Note that you have to have root permissions to edit that file.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    I'm not at all familiar with Absolute Linux.
    It is Slackware based if that helps at all. I found it here:Absolute Home

Thanks for the Help. Right now I am running xorgconfig again because the first time I did, I got one of the other setting wrong and it didn't work.

oz
    forum.guy
    Yes, to have things run properly, you definitely need to know the specifics of your hardware when you run xorgconfig.

Hope that things work properly after rerunning it.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Unfortunatly I don't know my hardware specs. So I am just going to have to keep trying until I get the right ones. Do you happen to know a good way of figuring out the hardware specs. I tried googling for them, but the laptop is so old it was hard to find anything about it.

oz
    forum.guy
    Post your laptop brand and model number. Maybe someone else will have a copy of the owner manual, or a link from which you can find your specs.

Also post the same information on any peripherals attached to it that you need specs on.
    oz

Just Joined!
    I found the specs finally it turns out I was seraching for the wrong model before, but now I don't understand then well enougth to run it right. I think I was closer to getting it right, but something was still wrong. I found them herehttp://inferno.slug.org/pdf/toshiba/tecra550.pdf
    I was wondering if someone on this forum would have the time to get on an instant messager or chat room with me to walk me through configuring the xorg file. Because I do not know enought about hardware to do it.