Find the answer to your Linux question:
OK all I have left to do is bring my music library from Itunes over to Xubunut, then windows xp gets sent off to Haiatis forever..wished into the cornfield. is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

bringing files over.

OK all I have left to do is bring my music library from Itunes over to Xubunut, then windows xp gets sent off to Haiatis forever..wished into the cornfield. is it difficult to do this ? I read the faq on the software about it, but only thing i didnt understand is, if im in windows, and then Xubuntu won't be running...sooo ? where is the file to be stored so that it will end up in linux when i boot into it ? sorry for all the questions, I'm just amped up right now, and excited about exercising this windows demon from my life... BV

oz
    forum.guy
    If you have an extra FAT32 or NTFS partition, you could move them there and then access them from Linux, or you could write them to a flash drive or a blank CD then start Linux and copy them over from that. Or you might be able to store them on one of the online storage options, then copy them back to Linux from that.

Would any of those options work for you?
    oz

Linux Newbie

re:files

ok thanks Oz, I forgot to say that i was only using xubuntu from the dvd. I guess if i install it on the drive, I'll have the option to move files over... IM just trying to get the nerve up, to build the partitions for the dual boot. Also, if you read this, is a 512mg. usb stick big enough to use to install damn small linux with ? I have one lying around, and my old dell laptop, just can't muster the strength to boot Xubuntu from dvd, so i want to run dsl on it. thanks again. BV