Find the answer to your Linux question:
My Konsole.desktop file was corrupt so I stupidly removed the Konsole link from the KDE task/applet bar. If I right-click on the area and select 'add' to add it back, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Missing Konsole query

My Konsole.desktop file was corrupt so I stupidly removed the Konsole link from the KDE task/applet bar.

If I right-click on the area and select 'add' to add it back, it is not available as an option on any of the menus. The nearest I can find is the xterm terminal. Konsole does not even appear anywhere on my KDE menu!

Please can someone help me add this back.

Many thanks, Andy.

Just Joined!
    Also, if I start Konsole from it's directory (/opt/KDE I think), I no longer get my computer name and hostname as a prompt. I just get the bash prompt?

Thanks, Andy

Linux User
    If I right-click on the area and select 'add' to add it back, it is not available as an option on any of the menus. The nearest I can find is the xterm terminal. Konsole does not even appear anywhere on my KDE menu!
    Can you just say run command or something similar? Then use "konsole" as the command.

Otherwise if you want ot resest the defaults, deleting ~/.kde and ~/.kderc may force it to reset the defaults.

Also, if I start Konsole from it's directory (/opt/KDE I think), I no longer get my computer name and hostname as a prompt. I just get the bash promp
    My prompt works either way. It may be that bash is being invoked differently, if so this will fix it:

~/.profile
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    ./.bashrc
    ~/.bashrc
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    #echo "running: ${HOME}/.bashrc"
    COLOR_GREEN="\[\e[31m\]"
    COLOR_YELLOW="\[\e[33m\]"
    COLOR_DEF="\[\e[0m\]"

export PS1="${COLOR_YELLOW}[\u@\h: \w]\$${COLOR_DEF} "