Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Sabyon is a slightly heavier distro, it does pretty much everything almost to a fault. Because it includes heavy customisation and GUI effects it actually uses more resources. I think ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Sabyon is a slightly heavier distro, it does pretty much everything almost to a fault. Because it includes heavy customisation and GUI effects it actually uses more resources. I think dc's point was that even a heavy distro like Sabayon would run well on that machine.

If you are starting up with Linux you're better of beginning with a 'newbie' distro like openSUSE, Ubuntu or Fedora. These will be up and running with minimal effort so you can see if you like it before you spend time tweaking and fighting with hardware to get it working. These distros run reasonably fast and have good hardware support.

Sabayon is not my fav and Bigtomrodney is right. Sabayon is very heavy distro and has tons of packages pre-installed. It comes as LiveDVD having installation option. Try its LiveDVD.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2