Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
There is a known bug with Ubuntu's flashplugin-nonfree, which basically means it doesn't install, just says it does. So uninstall it if you have it installed. Code: sudo apt-get remove ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

There is a known bug with Ubuntu's flashplugin-nonfree, which basically means it doesn't install, just says it does. So uninstall it if you have it installed.
    Code:
    sudo apt-get remove flashplugin-nonfree
    Then try this:
    Code:
    wget http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_9_linux.tar.gz
    tar xjf install_flash_player_9_linux.tar.gz
    cd install_flash_player_9_linux/
    chmod a+x flashplayer-installer
    ./flashplayer-installer
    And follow the prompts, you should then have flash installed.

Just Joined!
    Hey thanks. I'll try that. I've been having some issues with my harddrive so I haven't been on the computer much. But I would really like to see if I can get Flash to run on this so, I'll try it next time I boot. Thanks for telling me about the bug. Now I know it's not just because I'm an idiot.

Just Joined!
    Unfortunately, that did not work for me either. Major suckage.
    Here are the last two lines of text from the command prompt after pasting the large block of text(which oddly enough did not require me to press enter after pasting)
    chmod a+x flashplayer-installer
    chmod: cannot access `flashplayer-installer': No such file or directory
    Thanks anyway though. I think I give up on it. I need to send this computer off to get the harddrive replaced anyway. After that, I'll probably try OPENSuse.

Linux User
    If you just copied and pasted the whole block of text it definitely won't work; you need to run each command, one after the other in the order shown: I just tried it and it works, with one slight change...
    Code:
    tar xjf install_flash_player_9_linux.tar.gz
    should be:
    Code:
    tar xzf install_flash_player_9_linux.tar.gz
    my bad, sorry.

Just Joined!
    thanks darkrose your a star!
    Last edited by Rapid_W; 01-13-2008 at 11:39 PM. Reason: simple log in and out required to refresh firefox

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2