Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello all... I just got Kubuntu finally running after days of working on wireless issues (card not supported - ndiswrapper used), I'm new to using a terminal, but I had ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Switched to Kubuntu from Windows...

Hello all...

I just got Kubuntu finally running after days of working on wireless issues (card not supported - ndiswrapper used), I'm new to using a terminal, but I had a friend who helped me get going and I'm getting used to doing a lot more from that.

I'm really impressed with KDE4 - just waiting on a release that supports 64-bit AMD processors....

I am developing an interest in open source development and would like to get involved...

I've done a little windows programming and php...

Where would you guys direct me to get involved?

I was thinking of helping develop an existing program so I could learn linux and its languages over time before trying to make my own program....

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by LogicFree View Post
    I'm really impressed with KDE4 - just waiting on a release that supports 64-bit AMD processors....
    I assume you mean natively, since you can run the 32-bit version of KDE4 just fine on AMD64 processors.

I am developing an interest in open source development and would like to get involved...

I've done a little windows programming and php...

Where would you guys direct me to get involved?
    I don't know that there's any one spot for all Linux developers (and future developers) to gather, but one popular site is Sourceforge:

SourceForge.net: Welcome to SourceForge.net

There are thousands of projects in need of help.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants