Find the answer to your Linux question:
Same thread might have been created thousands of times already, but search did not help, and so I created this one... Anyway I managed to start compiling the driver sources ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

X-Fi drivers installing

Same thread might have been created thousands of times already, but search did not help, and so I created this one...

Anyway I managed to start compiling the driver sources I got from the creative site using this but on one of the steps I am given this:
    Code:
    checking for kernel linux/version.h... no
    The file /home/teppik/kernel-source-2.4.27/include/linux/version.h does not exist.
    Please install the package with full kernel sources for your distribution
    I already got the package with it, so anybody know what to do now?

Linux Guru
    The file /home/teppik/kernel-source-2.4.27/include/linux/version.h does not exist.
    Does this file/path exist? Probably not. So whatever you're running is looking to this path for the kernel source.

Where is the kernel source installed? You might be able to either set the source path via command line at runtime, or create a link from /home/teppik/kernel... to the real source location.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by HROAdmin26 View Post
    Does this file/path exist? Probably not. So whatever you're running is looking to this path for the kernel source.

Where is the kernel source installed? You might be able to either set the source path via command line at runtime, or create a link from /home/teppik/kernel... to the real source location.
    version.h somehow appeard, but now it wants autoconf.h
    I wonder if anybody who successfully installed this can help.