Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have come in contact with a Dell Latitude C610 Laptop with a dead display. I've taken the display off, so basically it's a keyboard with a computer inside! Heh! ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Best distro for a home/web server?

I have come in contact with a Dell Latitude C610 Laptop with a dead display. I've taken the display off, so basically it's a keyboard with a computer inside! Heh! That's fine, it has a SVGA out port which works just fine. I plan to use it head-less any ways. It has 512 MB RAM, Pentium III 1.2 Ghz CPU, and a 20 Gig hard drive.

What I would like is to run a Quake Dedicated Game Server, Web (Apache?) support with PERL 5, E-Mail server with WebMail support (Hula?), and have some sort of HTML based configuration system for the server since it is going to be headless (or VNC?). I'd also like file access for Windows XP/Vista share or storage and some printer share support for Windows XP/Vista computers. (I have 3 computers here at home.)

The server will be in my DMZ so a firewall is necessary.

Any suggestions?

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums, 9Nails!

Check this poll for Favorite Server Distro. Be sure to check the poll for last year, too.
    oz