Find the answer to your Linux question:
with ur ppl's help i ve decided on and downloaded xbuntu Version 6.06 with Long Term Support for my pc..now i want to completely erase xp and load xbuntu on ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Smile how to delete xp and load linux

with ur ppl's help i ve decided on and downloaded xbuntu Version 6.06 with Long Term Support for my pc..now i want to completely erase xp and load xbuntu on it..any suggestions on what steps i should follow..??

Insert the CD/DVD into your drive, reboot the machine, make sure the BIOS is set to boot from the CDROM/DVD drive and away you go! You shouldn't have much trouble if you really want to erase Windows partition, just tell the partition tool that you want to use the entire drive. Please do let us know how it goes and don't hesitate to ask for more help or clarification.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Quote Originally Posted by blitz View Post
    with ur ppl's help i ve decided on and downloaded xbuntu Version 6.06 with Long Term Support for my pc..now i want to completely erase xp and load xbuntu on it..any suggestions on what steps i should follow..??
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTbob View Post
    Insert the CD/DVD into your drive, reboot the machine, make sure the BIOS is set to boot from the CDROM/DVD drive and away you go! You shouldn't have much trouble if you really want to erase Windows partition, just tell the partition tool that you want to use the entire drive. Please do let us know how it goes and don't hesitate to ask for more help or clarification.
    If you have not installed linux yet or can re-install linux then follow MikeTbob advice above - but don't forget to backup any data you want to keep first as this process will wipe you hard drive.

If you want to create space for linux & install it first, transfer your data to linux, then wipe windows - I suggest you use the PartedMagic CD. You could also dual boot for a while provided you have enough hard disc space.

In all cases backup the data before you start messing about with partitions.

Just Joined!
    i jus started installin thanks for help..

Just Joined!
    thanks started installin