Find the answer to your Linux question:
Which is the best Linux Live DVD Edition?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Best Live

Which is the best Linux Live DVD Edition?

Just Joined!

Cool Knoppix

I would recommend knoppix live distribution. They fit as many programs as they could on one live image. It has done great on every machine I have used it on: Acer Laptop, old HP desktop, old and new dells. It also has some cheat codes to run it from your hard drive, and even has a method to save your settings and documents from boot to boot. It was the first experience with Linux and I came back for more!

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums, man5237!

Unfortunately, there is no way to truly measure "the best" for everyone because we are all different, and like different things in a distribution. The differences in our hardware can influence our feelings about a distro, too.

Knoppix really is a very nice livedvd in my opinion, but because the first two responders to your thread like it doesn't mean that you will. In the end, you'll have to decide for yourself which livedvd is the best for you.

I hope you'll enjoy experimenting with them...
    oz

Linux Guru
    I don't think that there's any live distro that I preffer over any other (well, besides RIP linux, but that is not surely what you are asking for, it's just a rescue minidistro on a cd).

But just for the sake of saying a different one, I think that suse releases very polished live distros in dvd. Of course, if you are smart enough not to download a kde4 livecd from suse, but just a regular stable livedvd.

SLAX works for me pretty well but as other members mentioned, we can't tell you which one is best for you.
    I would suggest you to try as many as you can and decide yourself. Check the link in my signature too.

Do start a new thread if you have any other question. Thread Locked !
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First