Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just ordered the 6 cd set of Slackware. I was reading the Slackware Linux Essentials book. I read about Lilo that I can install it just on root and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Smile I just purchased 6 cd set Slackware!

I just ordered the 6 cd set of Slackware. I was reading the Slackware Linux Essentials book. I read about Lilo that I can install it just on root and use a bootable cd to boot Linux. My computer uses recovery to install windows, so the only thing I can have on the MBR is Windows. I don't mind simply popping in a cd to boot up Linux. This way I'll be able to keep windows on here until I get more comfortable with Linux and also make my USB modem work. I'm so excited, I can't wait until it comes in the mail.

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums, cclkfc!

Slackware is wonderful distro, in my opinion. Some consider it to be not very new-user friendly, but plenty of new users have installed and used it with success. If you've already found the Slackware Essentials Book, you are half the way there.

Hope you enjoy your new distro when it comes in, and don't hesitate to ask any questions about it.
    oz

Thank you Ozar.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close