Find the answer to your Linux question:
Right can someone explain this to me plz i have my vol. on mute but i still get sound but if i mute pcm the sound goes. oh yea and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

what????

Right can someone explain this to me plz i have my vol. on mute but i still get sound but if i mute pcm the sound goes.
    oh yea and what is pcm.
    also why cant i have more than one thing giving me sound at the same time?[/img]

pcm is the audio coming formr your driver, linux permissions handle audio a bit odd, i think you have to specify that audio wants/needs multiple sources.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Linux Engineer
    The audio servers common in linux - ALSA, OSS etc only handle a single input channel for the audio. The aRTs server with KDE gives the impression of multiple sound events by dropping unused inputs within a time set in the control centre.

If you need more than one device outputting audio then have ALSA and OSS running simultaneously and use one device with ALSA and t'other with OSS.

If you desperately need mutliple audio inputs then couple ALSA up with summat like JACK which will handle multiple streams.

Least I think that's right
    Lansbury's Lido

thekiadriver on #linuxforums - fleetingly

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close