Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello everyone, I just installed linux about a week ago and am trying to get hte hang of it. I have fedora core 2, and tried to install tuxracer rpm ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

installing tcl

Hello everyone, I just installed linux about a week ago and am trying to get hte hang of it.

I have fedora core 2, and tried to install tuxracer rpm from the cd. However it gave me this message:

error: Failed dependencies:
    libtcl8.4.so is needed by tuxracer-0.61-26

so.. i went and downloaded the ActiveTcl tarball, i extraced, and found an install.sh so i ran it, and then a window popped up and allowed me to install it in /usr/local/AcitiveTcl/ directory.

However I still get this message! And on top of that, if i type tcl, or tclsh from the terminal nothing happens. Please somebody help!

Linux Engineer
    The package you need is called tcl-8.4.5-7. Should be on CD1
    Lansbury's Lido

thekiadriver on #linuxforums - fleetingly

Linux Engineer
    what version do u use?if you use suse use yast2 update and in search type tcl.you will be prompted to inert the correct suse installation cd..
    Linux For Ever!

Just Joined!
    Thanks Chris H. The problem was that the tcl rpm on my fedora cd had a bad signature or something, so i had to go get the tcl rpm online.

But I still am confused. If I were to install from the ActiveTcl installer, what directory should I have installed to? And would I have had to include other directory listings in the library path or some weird linux stuff like that that I know nothing about??

I like how rpms do everything for you, but I want to learn how to install stuff on my own. Can somebody help me out?