Find the answer to your Linux question:
Oh yeah I installed FC2 on my old PC and it didn't work so well. Now, uhm yeah, I'm trying to find a good WORKING with easy install, Linux distribution. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Another n00b :)

Oh yeah I installed FC2 on my old PC and it didn't work so well. Now, uhm yeah, I'm trying to find a good WORKING with easy install, Linux distribution. I searched forums for the best gaming distro and I found out that Gentoo would be the best... Right? I had lots of trouble with WinXP and FC2 dual boot... Will this one work better?

Linux Engineer
    gentoo is a fully configurable os but in my opinion is hard to install by a newbie.although there are many tutorials and howto's in the official site that will help you install it (should have basic knowledge on linux generally).i would suggest you for the first time suse 9.1.it has easy installation ,set-up (using YAST2),online update(with YOU) and it's more easy for a novice to install(windows like)..it's your choice!
    Linux For Ever!

Linux Engineer
    i forgot...check this link:
    www.distrowatch.com.it may be useful!
    Linux For Ever!

Just Joined!
    I too am a newb and I had no problem installing Mandrake 10 on a dual-boot with XP. I reccommend it.