Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi Friends, I m a newbie to Linux, and i have Yoper & Manrake 10 Linux installed on my system. It works fine. But i have Problem connecting to internet. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Net Connect Problem... Cable Connection

Hi Friends,
    I m a newbie to Linux, and i have Yoper & Manrake 10 Linux installed on my system. It works fine. But i have Problem connecting to internet. I have a cable connection by Hotwire. In windows, i have to first provide all the information for server (ISP) connection, it don't work as DHCP. Now, after that I have to run a software provided by Hotwire, Hotwire.exe, that takes username, password and serever ip address. Then it makes a conection to the server at port 23400 (server-side).
    How can i connect to internet in Linux, there is no such software provided by the ISP. Will it be called a PPPoE. What is the type of configuration? Which config file i should run.....
    --------
    Thanks in advance

Just Joined!
    this is just a wild guess but worth trying if you goto http://www.winehq.org/ and install wine wich is a programme that allows you to run most but not all windows programes under linux once you have that install and setup use it to install the software for you internet connection it may work im not sure but as i said its worth a shot.