Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey there Linux Gurus. I use a Mac laptop to work with, however I'm building a Linux box to progam with and use as a webserver, running Fedora Core 2. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mac - Linux VNC like Communication?

Hey there Linux Gurus.

I use a Mac laptop to work with, however I'm building a Linux box to progam with and use as a webserver, running Fedora Core 2.

Here's the question: being a complete text interface noob, I still rely on graphical interfaces for Linux (shameful, yah). How can I use my mac to graphically connect to my Linux box (which has no screen and keyboard) through the network, and use the graphical interface (you know, KDE or Gnome or whatnot... I mean of course you know)?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks ^-^

You can use VNC. There is a guide here that will help you set it up.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Just Joined!
    I know there are VNC viewers for Mac, or you could buy Remote Desktop or whatever it's called.

Ironic, because this is the path I am taking. I am getting a 12" PowerBook in Feb. after graduating college, and turning my Windoze desktop to a file and print server, as well as hopefully getting Wine to work with some of the apps I don't use often so I don't have to spend the money on replacing with OSX versions.

Just Joined!
    So VNC is the best solution? Does anyone have a name for a Mac VNC client to throw around?

Just Joined!