Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am a newbie just crossing the bounds over into the wonderful world of Linux. Like any newbie can, I've had my set backs, but I'm excited about Linux. I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How can I help? Docs? How tos?

I am a newbie just crossing the bounds over into the wonderful world of Linux. Like any newbie can, I've had my set backs, but I'm excited about Linux. I want to do something for the linux community, help those just crossing over, or something.

So what can I do to help out? Are there any docs that you think need to be written? Any How-to's that could be created for those crossing the bounds?

Linux Guru

Re: How can I help? Docs? How tos?

Quote Originally Posted by lewnacy
    I am a newbie just crossing the bounds over into the wonderful world of Linux. Like any newbie can, I've had my set backs, but I'm excited about Linux. I want to do something for the linux community, help those just crossing over, or something.

So what can I do to help out? Are there any docs that you think need to be written? Any How-to's that could be created for those crossing the bounds?
    There a several ways you can help other new linux users. For the doc's/howto's - During your experiences, was there anything that you needed a howto/doc for, but couldnt find one? you can also participate on the forums and answer peoples questions where you can.

Its great when people want to give something back to the community, so give yourself a pat on the back

Dont forget, if you do write any howto's or tutorials please feel free to post them in our tutorials section.

Jason

Just Joined!
    also if you do make a HOWTO could you plz send it to me as i am making a site on linux HOWTO's thnks i only have on on there at the moment wich i made my self if any one knows any good HOWTO's out there could you also let me know so i can add them to my site thanks.
    my site is http://www.geocities.com/foxem2001/ if you want to have a look not much there once i get another HOWTO i will get rid of the redirect for a front page. if any one wants to help in making the site plz do and if you would like to contact me my email and msn is davidjsaunders@gmail.com

Linux Engineer
    http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/

that is a list of howtos hosted on tldp.org