Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have searched all over google and can not find the answer to this question: What is the best USB Linux Distro for Windows Virus Removal and Recovery? I had ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Best USB linux for Windows Recovery

I have searched all over google and can not find the answer to this question: What is the best USB Linux Distro for Windows Virus Removal and Recovery?

I had tried UBCD on USB but it took forever to load. I want to find a linux distro that I could customize to have antivirus/antispyware removal, etc and that can be seen by a windows partition when necessary for restoring files. For example the way Puppy Universal Installer sets the USB up it is not recognizable when usb is plugged in when windows is running.

Ideas suggestions? Even if I have to download one linux just to customize it to put all the apps on there I need it would be no problem.

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Just Joined!

Just Joined!
    I would recommend Bart's PE. This is a WINDOWS live CD, and carries various AV proggies

Take a look at PendriveLinux ... there are many distributions to use.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth,
    but most of them pick themselves up
    and hurry off as if nothing had happened.

Winston Churchill

... then the Unix-Gods created "man" ...

Just Joined!
    What is the best USB Linux Distro for Windows Virus Removal and Recovery?
    Using Linux to repair Windows! What wonders!

Just Joined!
    You say you have extensively tried the internet for this topic? It would seem to me that the pickings might well be thin, as would not most such programs for Windows infections be written to run in Windows? Another limitation is that it is to be booted via USB,although:Pe2usb: Installing Bartpe To Usb Flash Disk - The CD Forum. Also,is it possible to add programs to Bart yourself? Would you be so kind as to report back if you do find any interesting solutions? Luck.

I would recommend Bart's PE. This is a WINDOWS live CD, and carries various AV proggies
    Wow, windows finally accomplished what Linux did years ago and with 800x600 resolution...
    But does Microsoft licensing allow you to do this Bart's PE thing?

Anyway, any Linux Live-cd can do the job, once you install ClamAV or AVG.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by thorkelljarl View Post
    You say you have extensively tried the internet for this topic? It would seem to me that the pickings might well be thin, as would not most such programs for Windows infections be written to run in Windows? Another limitation is that it is to be booted via USB,although:Pe2usb: Installing Bartpe To Usb Flash Disk - The CD Forum. Also,is it possible to add programs to Bart yourself? Would you be so kind as to report back if you do find any interesting solutions? Luck.
    It is possible to add stuff to Barts, I have done it with a program called WinIso, makes it all simple enough, indeed for the OP's problem this would be the best as s/he could add-in up-to-date virus libraries etc, before firing up.

Quote Originally Posted by L4Linux View Post
    Wow, windows finally accomplished what Linux did years ago and with 800x600 resolution...
    But does Microsoft licensing allow you to do this Bart's PE thing?
    I doubt it, but who cares?