Find the answer to your Linux question:
i recently installed mdk9.0 and everything seemed sweet, except for a couple of things. 1) it didnt come up with the "which cd's do u have" dialog during installation and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

cd drive sometimes "forgets" whats on cds

i recently installed mdk9.0 and everything seemed sweet, except for a couple of things. 1) it didnt come up with the "which cd's do u have" dialog during installation and now it wont let me add cd 2 & 3 to the sources thing. and 2) every 2-3 minutes it just forgets whats on a cd. eg. it will work fine but then it will suddenly decide that the dir im working in doesnt exist on the cd. It also sometimes does this in the middle of copy operations (eg. copying whole cds of mp3s and it will get abotu half way then start telling me that the files im copying dont exist on the cd. if i try again it might work fine). it fixes it for another 2-3 minutes if i do 'umount cdrom' 'mount cdrom'

Any ideas how to fix this. its not the cd drive coz it works in windoze and it worked with mdk 8.2 a week ago. also its not the cd's coz it does it with EVERY cd i own. even the brand new retail ones.

Linux Engineer
    someone has to have an idea whats wrong....

Linux Guru
    I haven't ever used mkd, so I don't know what this "sources thing" you're referring to would be, but if this happened to me, I'd compile a new kernel.

Linux Engineer
    its not like package sources. its like a table of what rpm packages are on which cd's so it can use them for urpmi etc