Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just got an old laptop Sony Vaio pcg 717c. I checked out the laptop forum and it is not listed there. Could some one tell me what linux program ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Help Please

I just got an old laptop Sony Vaio pcg 717c. I checked out the laptop forum and it is not listed there. Could some one tell me what linux program will run on it. I want to use this laptop to learn and use linux . Linux will be the only program on it. The laptop came with a 2.166GB harddrive and 32MB of memory. I have a 60 GB harddrive and 128MB of memory to install on it. 128MB is the max memory. I want to get totally away from Windows. Please advise me as to which program will be the best on this laptop. I have spent some time reading the forums and I am totaly confused. It is a pentium 200MHZ.
    Thank you in advance for your help.
    Last edited by larrydday; 02-11-2009 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Left out cpu speed

Since you don't have much memory and a slow system, I would recommend DSL or Puppy linux. Both are optimized for slow systems.

Home Page | Puppy Linux

DSL information

Check here too.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First