Find the answer to your Linux question:
http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...x-9-2-a-2.html ^^^^^^^ have also the same proplem , i have bought an Acer Extensa 56301 laptop before 1 hour and have much proplems installing my windos xp so i relly ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Acer laptop , I want help in installing my win xp

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...x-9-2-a-2.html

^^^^^^^

have also the same proplem , i have bought an Acer Extensa 56301 laptop before 1 hour and have much proplems installing my windos xp so i relly apprchate and helping offers.
    my laptop come with only the lunix thing , and i write the code in the first post and then restart the laptop and it go the install cd for win xp sp2 but during the loading installation files for win xp it come with the blue screen error ,, *STOP 0*0000000078 .
    and i dont understand the part about the Sata hard drivers because it may be sami problem for me .

Sorry for my bad English , hope i got somebody to help soon

Majd

Just Joined!
    hi SteveAd , good to know that u solve that problem and have ur windows works ,
    but i want to know what error come to you after u run the win xp instillation and how u solve it , is a blue screen pop out from u and which error come to u and how u solve it pls answer it , or someone have any info could help ,

Sorry again for my English , and for the double posts

You just stumbled upon the No1 irritating thing about windows installation...
    Windows do not include SATA hard disk drivers!! So you must put them in a floppy disk for the windows installer to use them.
    Linux includes those drivers, but windows can't use them.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    One small question,

Why do you go to LINUX forums, when you want to install Windows???

And L4Linux is right, Windows requires special disks for some drivers on set-up, I hate it. Just give me a Linux disk where I can just do some boot option or something. This means you need to