Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm very new to this and just recieved my ubuntu live cd. Please someone tell me how to get the cd out of the drive. The drive quickly opens and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

live cd

I'm very new to this and just recieved my ubuntu live cd. Please someone tell me how to get the cd out of the drive. The drive quickly opens and shuts right away. Then ubuntu tells me to remove the disc which I cannot do. In fact from there I can't do anything. I just shut off the computer and remove it with a paper clip. please help.

Can you boot off the cd at all? When you shut down and it says to remove do you wait until it gives the message for you to remove it (don't try to remove it when you're actually booted from the cd)

Could be a faulty disc but I'm not sure how it would lead to the problem you are having. Fill in the blanks above and we'll try to help
    Bodhi 1.3 & Bodhi 1.4 using E17
    Dell Studio 17, Intel Graphics card, 4 gigs of RAM, E17

"The beauty in life can only be found by moving past the materialism which defines human nature and into the higher realm of thought and knowledge"

Just Joined!
    I get the same problem, I'm not sure what the cause is exactly.

After you've finished installing, if you can't remove the CD just reboot as normal. Depending on your computer setup, you need to select the default boot device (on mine you press ESC) - so you select the hard drive instead of the CD. Once Ubuntu boots up from the hard drive you can remove the CD.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

live cd

If I understand you correctly you are saying to go into setup and change the boot sequence. That's tough when you're locked up. I did find the answer though. I woke up in the middle of the night with it. You can go into setup but don't change the boot sequence. Simply remove the disc and then save and exit. I also discovered you can just restart and hit the pause key. then remove the disc. Thanks for the help .