Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello everyone, I am a newcomer with Linux and I am a bit confused with certain question I posted here below, I am trying to figure out the right answers ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Linux file logs Help please

Hello everyone, I am a newcomer with Linux and I am a bit confused with certain question I posted here below, I am trying to figure out the right answers for this question and I have no clue which one matches with one another.

maybe you one of you can lend me a helping hand with this questions

which one should be matched with one another....I failed 3 times sending these questions to be graded and there is no precise answer defining their functions in the book I have.

Thanks and God Bless all of you

Match each Linux log file to its corresponding log content

21. auth.log (1)messages logged by the syslog daemon

22. daemon.lo (2)a file for debugging purposes

23.debug (3) records stored by a service

24.cron.lo (4) user authorizantions and other secure protocols

25.syslog (5) logs of regular background jobs such as daily backups

Linux Guru
    First of all, duplicate thread posting is against the Linux Forum Rules. Please read these rules and abide by them. I have deleted your duplicate posts.

As much as I may want to help with your problem, homework questions are also against the Linux Forum Rules.
    LinuxForums Rules

Everyone involved tries hard to keep Linux Forums(LF) free of trolls, spam, flames, etc and keep LF a positive place to discuss Linux and other things, while at the same time trying to maintain the balance of an open and fairly non-restrictive community. Obviously as a publicly-accessible community we have guidelines of what is acceptable and what is not so that we remain just that - a happy, vibrant community.

1. No personal attacks, bashing of others, or trolling
    2. No religious or political posts, and no homework questions
    3. No posts regarding illegal activities (cracking, warez, etc)
    4. No spam, or affiliate links (spammers are banned immediately)
    5. No double-posting, cross-posting, or redirects
    6. Animated images are not permitted in Avatars or Signatures
    7. All parts of Posts, Signatures, and Avatars (with wording) must be in English
    8. Posts, Avatars, and Signatures deemed distracting or inappropriate may be removed without notice

Interpretation of these rules is at the sole discretion of the moderator and all decisions are final. If you have a concern or would like clarification of any of these rules, please contact a moderator via PM, or in the case of a ban use the contact form on the main page of the forum.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.