Find the answer to your Linux question:
HI, i have tried so many different ways to download and install ies4linux, that i am totally confused. could someone please tell me from the begining, how do i dwnload ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation still cannot get ies4linux to install!

HI,
    i have tried so many different ways to download and install ies4linux, that i am totally confused. could someone please tell me from the begining, how do i dwnload it, and install it. i am running x86_64, FC10, firefox 3.0.6. nothing works "automatic" when it comes to downloading and installing apps. a friend of mine is running FC9, and says that all the apps/programs he installs is just point and click, and linux does the rest. well not with this FC10 im running! please help! any info will be greatly appreciated!...ty...bob

you'll experience the same issue in ie4linux because it can't install .exe files like it can in Windows, therefore all the auto installs won't work as they come as .exe and auto run in Windows.

Here are some instructions to get a few things working in FC10
    Fedora 9 Multimedia Howto | Sklav

Unfortunately, no other distro other than ubuntu from my knowledge has a "one way stop" to install all the codecs and extras. The above has a few of the major codecs and software pieces.

You can also check this out:

F10 and F9 Set up Script - FedoraForum.org

Once the codecs and such are install you can reboot and everything should work in Firefox. If something doesn't post what it is and I'll try to walk you through it
    Bodhi 1.3 & Bodhi 1.4 using E17
    Dell Studio 17, Intel Graphics card, 4 gigs of RAM, E17

"The beauty in life can only be found by moving past the materialism which defines human nature and into the higher realm of thought and knowledge"