Find the answer to your Linux question:
When I shut down, among the endless scroll of of text I notice a msg saying something like: cannot umount /home hope this is all right Then when rebooting I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

startup shutdown stuff

When I shut down, among the endless scroll of of text I notice a msg saying something like:
    cannot umount /home hope this is all right
    Then when rebooting I notice that fsck has to do some repair work. Of course if I was using another OS, all this would be hidden by a pretty splash screen and I would not have to worry my pretty head; but I am not, it isn't so I do.
    Is there a way of doing an interactive shut-down / reboot so that I can read each page before allowing it to proceed?
    If not, how do I review the stuff that scrolls past? Is it all in dmesg?
    Also noticed is that the machine loads and unloads and labels eth0, my ethernet card. I do not use cabled net ATM, can I somehow rem it out, so it does not have to bother, but not permanent so I can put it back later?

Just Joined!
    Bumpety-bumpo!

Just Joined!
    Literally minutes after my shameless bump, I recieve this in my "update" tray....

Watch this space to see if it does the trick..

I would still like to review my shutdown messages, so replies are appreciated.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close