Find the answer to your Linux question:
Not just with linux, but with other systems as well. There are alot of sites that say they will do this for you but how safe are they? Are they ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

anonymous web surfing

Not just with linux, but with other systems as well.

There are alot of sites that say they will do this for you but how safe are they?
    Are they a one time deal, meaning do you have to go to them everytime you want to do the surfing or do they take over your browser and do it everytime you bring it up? If so then they get to spy on ya right?
    I would like to know alot more about how to do this.

Thanks.

Just Joined!
    Try TOR...

This is interesting, I'll look into it.

As for web searches, instead of using google try one of the search engines that don't look at what you search at all, such as cuil.com

I'm not really the "paranoid type" (no offense), I could care less if what I'm looking at is being monitored but, I'll check it out and post if I find something
    Bodhi 1.3 & Bodhi 1.4 using E17
    Dell Studio 17, Intel Graphics card, 4 gigs of RAM, E17

"The beauty in life can only be found by moving past the materialism which defines human nature and into the higher realm of thought and knowledge"

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Either at home or at work or down the pub
    They work by providing a proxy so that all your requests seem to come from somewhere else. Some of them randomly change the IP they use for you as well.

Are they truly anonymous? Not really; if they were then your pages wouldn't find you so if someone really wanted to, they could trace you.

Can they spy on you? Of course; why should they be any different to anyone else on the internet?
    "I used to be with it, then they changed what it was.
    Now what was it isn't it, and what is it is weird and scary to me.
    It'll happen to you too."

Grandpa Simpson

The Fifth Continent