Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I hate `beginner' and `mainstream' stuff. But then again, there's nothing cool about using a `professional' tool when you simply end up screwing it. =P Originally Posted by reed9 Make ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I hate `beginner' and `mainstream' stuff. But then again, there's nothing cool about using a `professional' tool when you simply end up screwing it. =P

Quote Originally Posted by reed9 View Post
    Make sure you read the beginner's guide before installing. Preferably have it available either with a hardcopy or on another computer as you install.
    [removed URL]Beginners Guide - ArchWiki

Also some info for making an installable USB drive.
    [removed URL]Install from USB stick - ArchWiki
    The latter is about making an install-USB-drive (like CD), not?
    I think i won't need that as seemingly one can install the full (bootable) Arch on USB via another Linux already installed...

When it comes to the first, thanks a lot. But there's no way i'm printing 58 pages. :/
    Would run out of ink. And getting that stuff is somewhat troublesome for me.
    I'll probably just have it printed in a cybercafe (now those are plentiful) but any shorter versions would be much appreciated if you know of any. I'll hopefully be able to read all the rest once i have Arch run any command-line browser.

The guide is available on the install CD, it's just not as convenient as having separate computer, etc. next to you.

To access during the install, login to a different virtual console, ie, press CTRL+ALT+F2, and then type
    Code:
    less /arch/docs/official_installation_guide_en
    The install is on the 1st console, so you can toggle back to it with CTRL+ALT+F1.

The install is not the least bit "user friendly" as people usually define the term, and even very experienced linux users have been known to fail if they neglect the beginners' guide. You'll find a few reviews to this effect. So I really do recommend using it.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by reed9 View Post
    The guide is available on the install CD, it's just not as convenient as having separate computer, etc. next to you.
    Thanks for letting me know and telling how to do it. I'll be using that, then.
    I'll probably go through the guide before starting as well, just to know where to look for what...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2