Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am a newbie to this forum. I have a Windows XP and I am seeking for a Linux emulator program (something like File Explorer) in order for me to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Accessing Linux Files in External HDD

I am a newbie to this forum.
    I have a Windows XP and I am seeking for a Linux emulator program (something like File Explorer) in order for me to access my External HDD that has files written in Linux format. I want to individually delete some of the linux extension file from the External HDD.

I tried explorerfs but unfortunately there is no function to delete the linux files!

Can anyone please advise? Thanks.

Just Joined!
    So the External HDD formatted with some file system like ext3 (or ext2 or ext4, or something else that works with Linux but not Windows) but there is no operating system installed on it, right?

According to Wikipedia (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_file_systems#OS_support), you can use `Ext2 IFS' or `Ext2Fsd' to access ext2 and ext3 filesystems.

Ext2 IFS: fs-driver.org/ (This one looks pretty good.)
    Ext2Fsd: ext2fsd.com/ (This is still version 0.48.)

Other than that, if you have an empty CD-R around (or just go and buy one), you could create a Live CD, say with Puppy Linux (100 MiB) and use that.
    There's other options for Live CDs but i would recommend Puppy Linux as it's really easy to use. I, being a newb as well, used it myself.