Find the answer to your Linux question:
i tried to install the opensuse to replace my windows yet idon;t know how it happen but the window xp is inside it. the first option to boot is opensuse, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

how to uninstall opensuse11?

i tried to install the opensuse to replace my windows yet idon;t know how it happen but the window xp is inside it. the first option to boot is opensuse, windows1 and then windows 2.

i'm not sure how to uninstall this opensuse anymore and leave the xp once again. :d

is it ok to just fix the mbr?

Linux Newbie
    Hi enhu
    If Opensuse works, login to it. Use any editor and edit '/boot/grub/menu.lst' so that Default is set equal to 1 instead of 0 (ie default=1 it is on aline by itself). A am sure that OpenSUSE has installed GRUB and it has found your XP bootable partition. The bootlaoder is GRUB and not netldr or whatever XP uses.
    WindowsXP is not inside OpenSUSE only in the Bootloader as an option. Cheers...
    Robert

Just Joined!
    interesting. i'm a very newbie to this.
    the first option is now windows after editing the menu.lst.
    i felt like i understand a bit now thanks

i'm trying to learn fedora as redhat is the most common and my friend uses fedora.
    i need to shift.

should i also delete the partition of this suse to uninstall it?

Linux Newbie
    Hi enhu
    You do not have to remove Suse, but you can. Actually you should know that '/boot/grub/grub.conf' is the file where you should make your changes, as it writes itself to /boot/grub/menu.lst when you boot. Another thing you can do is to set a 'timeout=5' ( may be timeout=0 in which case you never see the Splah Screen) so that you at least see the Splash Screen for 5 seconds, during which time you can pick your OS of choice.
    If you do install Fedora put it on the partition where SUSE is and it will look after that. Once installed Fedora may again put itself first but you have the power to rearrange /boot/grub/grub.conf to suit your specific needs. When editing be very careful not to miss any of the lines. You can comment out any section by entering a # in front of all lines you wish to skip. In this way you can keep a history of changes which may be useful later.
    Glad to hear that you are enjoying the freedom that comes with learning a new way. Cheers...
    Robert

Just Joined!
    thanks.

i've just installed it.

Linux Newbie
    Hi enhu
    Awesome...
    Robert