Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've looked around a bit, but have not really found something that fully fits what I am looking for. I've been using GNU/Linux (Debian) for a bit and tinkering with ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Learning GNU/Linux (Debian)

I've looked around a bit, but have not really found something that fully fits what I am looking for.

I've been using GNU/Linux (Debian) for a bit and tinkering with some programming. I found the Linux From Scratch that I will be working on to learn Linux a little better. What I have not been able to find is something that will help with some of the more advanced tasks of running Linux (mainly as a web server). Things like administering an email server (postfix), web server (apache2), FTP server (proftpd), and so on. All I have found are specific guides that just tell you to paste these configurations and that's it; not much explanation.

So, if possible, I would like to get some links to some guides on how to get those servers up and running with all the juicy stuff. This would be a great little resource of links for the more advanced newbie. Debian oriented big plus, but doesn't have to be.

Also, some advanced C/C++ programming tutorials for GNU/Linux would be great, too. Things like building server/clients and setting up communications with some best practices, threading, processes, etc.

Just Joined!
    linuxhomenetworking.com

Try this link. It is helpful for beginners as well as intermediate linux users.

Debian Tutorial

That one got me started, even though I am an Ubuntu user, and this will also give you some help I guess.

Debian Linux Tutorial - Beginners Guide To Linux Servers and Networking Installation and Set Up with Instructions On How To Configure A Home Server

Though I'd try tasksel to install the web server. It works under Ubuntu, but don't know about Debian.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close