Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello everyone, when executing a .sh-script on our Linux-Server i get the following error: ./startup.sh: line 1: fg: no job control The startup.sh looks like this: Code: % java -Xmx256M ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[Solved] fg: no job control error when executing .sh-script

Hello everyone,

when executing a .sh-script on our Linux-Server i get the following error:
    ./startup.sh: line 1: fg: no job control

The startup.sh looks like this:

Code:
    % java -Xmx256M -classpath sapConnector.jar:lib/GenericConnector.jar:lib/SAPmdi.jar:lib/activation.jar:lib/aii_proxy_rt.jar:lib/aii_util_misc.jar:lib/ant-junit.jar:lib/ant-launcher.jar:lib/ant-trax.jar:lib/ant.jar:lib/aopalliance.jar:lib/aspectjrt.jar:lib/aspectjweaver.jar:lib/bi_sdk_core.jar:lib/bi_sdk_jdbc.jar:lib/bi_sdk_odbo.jar:lib/bi_sdk_olap.jar:lib/bi_sdk_olap_xmi.jar:lib/bi_sdk_query.jar:lib/bi_sdk_rs.jar:lib/bi_sdk_sapq.jar:lib/bi_sdk_xmla.jar:lib/bi_sdk_xmla_dev.jar:lib/boot.jar:lib/commons-codec.jar:lib/commons-collections.jar:lib/commons-logging.jar:lib/connector.jar:lib/exception.jar:lib/grmg.jar:lib/iaik_jce_export.jar:lib/iaik_jsse.jar:lib/iaik_smime.jar:lib/iaik_ssl.jar:lib/iq-lib.jar:lib/jARM.jar:lib/jARMSat.jar:lib/jaas.jar:lib/jaxm-api.jar:lib/jaxrpc-api.jar:lib/jnet.jar:lib/jsse.jar:lib/jta.jar:lib/log4j-1.2.15.jar:lib/logging.jar:lib/logging.perf.jar:lib/mail.jar:lib/sap.com~bi~mmr~core~default.jar:lib/sap.com~bi~mmr~db~default.jar:lib/saaj-api.jar:lib/sap.com~bi~mmr~cwm_1.0_source.jar:lib/sap.com~bi~mmr~cwm_1.0_source_JMI.jar:lib/sap.com~bi~mmr~jmi~jmi.jar:lib/sapxmltoolkit.jar:lib/servlet.jar:lib/spring-agent.jar:lib/spring-aop.jar:lib/spring-aspects.jar:lib/spring-beans.jar:lib/spring-context-support.jar:lib/spring-context.jar:lib/spring-core.jar:lib/spring-jdbc.jar:lib/spring-orm.jar:lib/spring-test.jar:lib/spring-tx.jar:lib/spring-web.jar:lib/spring-webmvc.jar:lib/tc_sec_wssec_lib.jar:lib/ticket-4.jar:lib/util.jar:lib/w3c_http.jar:lib/webservices_api.jar:lib/webservices_lib.jar com.itellium.dwh.osg.sap.impl.OSGSapConnectorImpl
    Where does the error come from (as you can see i don't start the "fg"-command intentionally) and what can i do about it?
    Last edited by balu2000; 10-06-2009 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Solved

Just Joined!
    See if JAVA_HOME is set and in your PATH...

echo $JAVA_HOME

probably this should correct the error

Just Joined!
    Thanks.

That was part of the problem.

Another problem was, that i forgot to add "#!/bin/bash" at the beginning of the script.

Now the script can be executed, but i get an exception.

But that's another story (i will search for that and post a new thread if necessary).

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close