Hi all,

I want to develop an application for my HP iPaq using Linux, and for that I first have to sync that mobile device with my Linux. Several how-tos I have tried, but I ran into problems with each and every of them.

1) surajram.eu.org/blog/2008/06/30/sync-windows-mobile-with-linux
When I do sudo apt-get update, I get
W: GPG error http: / / ppa.launchpad.net hardy Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY B152F042D246C25D
When I do sudo apt-get install synce-sync-engine, I get
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
synce-sync-engine: Depends: python-rapi2 (>= 0.14) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: python-rra (>=0.14) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: python-rtfcomp bit it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages

When I do sudo apt-get install python-rapi2 python-rra python-rtfcomp, I get similar results.

2) codeidol.com/unix/ubuntu/The-Linux-Desktop/Sync-Your-Pocket-PC
When I do dmesg | tail, I get, among others
[ 6609.107369] eth: kevent 1 may have dropped
but no usb 1-1: PocketPC PDA converter now attached to ttyUSB0
When I do sudo synce-serial-config /dev/ttyUSB0, I get
ERROR: synce-serial-config was unable to find a character device named "/dev/ttyUSB0".
Indeed, there is no /dev/ttyUSB0 or /dev/ttyUSB1 or /dev/ttyUSBwhatever on my machine.

There's some other how-tos I tried, but I think this is enough food for thought for now. Any tips?

Cheers,
Wilmar.