Find the answer to your Linux question:
Any way to boost flash based media performance? I'm running Eeebuntu on a 1005HA eeepc. I'm a bit new, but so far getting along well, learning the command line and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Flash Performance

Any way to boost flash based media performance? I'm running Eeebuntu on a 1005HA eeepc. I'm a bit new, but so far getting along well, learning the command line and whatnot, I just wonder if there's anything I can do to get things like steaming video sites working with a little more snap. Right now I'm going through and doing everything I can to boost performance all around.

Thank you kindly.

-Kit

Flash has long been troublesome on linux.

There's some tips here. (I haven't tried them, mind you.)
    Firefox optimization and troubleshooting thread - Ubuntu Forums

Just Joined!
    Alright, I'll be sure to read through it. While I'm at it, is there anyway to disable miscellaenous effects like how windows zoom up to the top toolbar on minimize? I've all compiz effects disabled, but I can't find where to get rid of the rest of it. Thank you much.

-Kit

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    The window list in the panel is an applet. I haven't used GNOME for a while, but right click on the panel, you should find an option to remove the applet, or otherwise manager applets.

Just Joined!
    Hm, I tried that, and played around with the preferences but it still has the effects...Hm.

-Kit

Just Joined!
    if you're not using flash for anything too intense you could give gnash a shot. works with youtube