Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am quite happy running Linux Mint 7 on an aging computer. What i would like to know is, would it be safe to uninstall programs like Thunderbird and OpenOffice ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED] safely uninstall programs installed by default?

I am quite happy running Linux Mint 7 on an aging computer. What i would like to know is, would it be safe to uninstall programs like Thunderbird and OpenOffice that are installed by default so as to make more memory available for those programs that i did want to run. Besides, i already have Thunderbird, and Open Office on another much more up to date computer?

Yes, it's safe to do so.

Use Synaptic Package Manager to install/uninstall packages. Make sure to check all packages that are going to be un-installed along with main packages. Sometimes, Users un-install Desktop Environment's dependencies by mistake and machine doesn't boot up in GUI after that.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Have removed both Thunderbird and Open Office via Synaptic Package Manager. Thanks for the help and advice guys!