Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Brief help on netcfg. Again, it's on the core CD to install. You just need to create a profile in /etc/network.d , named whatever you like. So say it's just ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Brief help on netcfg. Again, it's on the core CD to install. You just need to create a profile in /etc/network.d, named whatever you like. So say it's just called home.

Edit/create the file
    Code:
    su -
    nano /etc/network.d/home
    Basic WPA format would look something like
    Code:
    CONNECTION="wireless"
    ESSID="network name"
    INTERFACE="wlan0"
    DESCRIPTION="home wireless network"
    SCAN="yes"
    IP="dhcp"
    TIMEOUT="10"
    SECURITY="wpa"
    KEY="mypasskey"
    Then do
    Code:
    su -
    netcfg home

Just Joined!
    I'm installing from the coreCD. I have managed to get Arch linux installed, but I can't do much with it since I can't install any packages on it. I have started nano and wrote "i hate this!" but that didn't keep me occupied for long. I'm not quite sure about the networking hardware I have, I guess I can figure that out in Fujitsu Siemens product support section. The laptop I'm trying this on is Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pa 2510-11P I could not find technical specs from google though.

I will try to install again with those packages you mentioned. Thanks for the help.

EDIT

Didnt notice your last post so I'll try that now.

EDIT2

Got WLAN to work now! I left out some needed packages out before but now it works and i can get to pacman! thanks!

Glad you got it working!

I usually just use netcfg and wifi-select (a handy script for creating net-profiles), but you may want to install wicd to manage networks. It has a nice optional ncurses interface, so you can use it from the console or from a GUI.

Wicd - ArchWiki

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2