Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I'm new here. After switching over to linux on my desktop PC (ubuntu) I would like te learn more about linux. I'm trying to get an ELO touchscreen working ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

USB touchscreen on IBM thin client 2200

Hi, I'm new here. After switching over to linux on my desktop PC (ubuntu) I would like te learn more about linux.

I'm trying to get an ELO touchscreen working on an IBM thin client. At the moment I managed to boot it from a CF card.(normally it boots kernel.2200 from a host PC but to avoid interference with the operating system, a flight simulator, I want to try it first with the system booted from a flash card)
    I tried to install the 32 bit Linux driver from the ELO-website but did not succeed.
    I was following the manual.
    I managed to extract the files and copied them to the right directory but when I type in "make" the command is not recognised.
    I don't know if it would ever work, but when I tried "make" on my Ubuntu machine I get error #2?! What does that mean.
    Could anyone with some expierience on this give me any hints/advise/explenation on how to make this work?

Thanks

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    If the 'make' command doesn't work, then you don't have the development tools (gcc, gdb, make/gmake, et al) installed. Since you are running ubuntu, you need to install the tools either with the Synaptic package manager, or with the terminal command "sudo apt-get install build-essential"
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    I'm running Linux2200 on it, not Ubuntu.
    But, howto install GCC than? There doesn't seem to be an application for installing additional package, so how do I get it on there?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    I made the assumption you were using Ubuntu to do this because you said
    I don't know if it would ever work, but when I tried "make" on my Ubuntu machine I get error #2?! What does that mean.
    I am not familiar with Linux2200. In any case, if you are trying to build a kernel for another platform, you not only need the development tools (gcc, gdb, make/gmake, etc) on the host machine where you are building the kernel, but also the associated libraries and such for the target platform.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!