Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I wanted to install RT Linux on my Fedora or U I wanted to install RTbuntu. I am following installation steps from INSTALLATION doc from Rt LInux (FSM Labs ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Regarding RT Linux Installation

Hi,

I wanted to install RT Linux on my Fedora or U
    I wanted to install RTbuntu. I am following installation steps from INSTALLATION doc from Rt LInux (FSM Labs free one).
    Last edited by devils casper; 06-30-2010 at 06:51 AM. Reason: irrelevant info

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    And your question is... what?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!

RT Linux Installation

Hi,

I wanted to install RT Linux (patching to Linux Kernel) on my Fedora or Ubuntu.
    Pls guide me regarding this installation. Which version of linux kernel is suitable for which version of RT Linux kernel and procedure to install the same.

Actually i tried installing RT Linux free version from windriver but failed. My present ubuntu is2.6.31 and i want to configure rtlinux-3.2-wr (rt linux patch) against linux-2.4.2 kernel. I followed the step which are ther in INSTALLATION doc.
    $ sudo patch -p1 > ../kernel_patch-2.4.24-rtl3.2-pre3

Above one is asking for "File for patching".

Thanks
    ram

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    I can understand why the patch didn't work for you. You CANNOT install a 2.4 kernel patch on a 2.6 kernel. That's a good way to hose your system if it succeeds in installing at all.

RHEL/CentOS/Scientific Linux have a realtime kernel available called MRG (Messaging Realtime Grid). I would think that Fedora has it also, but I don't know for sure about that. In any case, it provides realtime extensions for deterministic performance characteristics for applications that need it.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!

RT Linux Installation

Hi Rubberman,

Many thanks for the information. I tried patching the RT Linux patch with 2.6 kernel also and got the Same problem like Asking for the "File to Patch :".

I dont know about MSG. but it is required for me to experiment on RT LInux Free version.

Thanks Lot
    Ram