Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I'm new to linux and I need to install an open source program called tpr(it's the first link if you type tpr and fpga into Google) for research the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

*** No rule to make target

Hi,

I'm new to linux and I need to install an open source program called tpr(it's the first link if you type tpr and fpga into Google) for research

the manual says it successfully compiles with g++ compiler and all I have to do is alter the Makefile to specify my home directory.

so I thought that replacing the line of
    CLASSDIR=/project/kia00/ababei/tpr5
    with my working directory of
    CLASSDIR=/home/clomness/Documents/tpr/tpr5

it would work but unfortunately when I go to make it I get the error message
    make: *** No rule to make target `.deps/check_netlist.d', needed by `all'. Stop.

a file that does exist so the Makefile must be looking in the wrong place.

I've tried a couple of other things and searched the web but haven't had any luck.

Thanks for any help
    i'm running
    System: openSUSE 11.2 (i586)

Linux Enthusiast
    The person that created the tar file did not remove a hidden directory before creating it.

By looking at the "Makefile", I see two solutions to your current problem.
    The targets are: "redep" or "veryclean".

Within the directory where you untared "tpr5.tar.gz" and are attempting your make do:
    Code:
    make redep
    make

This hidden directory is created to hold the dependances for each of the "*.cpp" files. Since it was already present (prior to your "make" command)
    it contains the refereces using the original "CLASSDIR" specification.

Just Joined!
    Thanks that seemed to help me get over that hurdle. Only now the program won't compile though I think this is more of a difference between different compilers.

now when I type make I get
    tt_hgraph.cpp: In member function ‘void tt_hgraph::ComputeArrivalTimesFromPIsToPOs_Process Vertex(int, std::queue<int, std::deque<int, std::allocator<int> > >*)’:
    tt_hgraph.cpp:477: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
    tt_hgraph.cpp: In member function ‘void tt_hgraph::ComputeRequiredTimesFromPOsToPIs_Proces sVertex(int, std::queue<int, std::deque<int, std::allocator<int> > >*)’:
    tt_hgraph.cpp:664: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
    tt_hgraph.cpp:633: warning: unused variable ‘ver_id’
    tt_hgraph.cpp: In member function ‘void tt_hgraph::Print_tt_hgraph(char*)’:
    tt_hgraph.cpp:772: error: conversion from ‘int’ to non-scalar type ‘std::_Rb_tree_iterator<std:air<const int, Element> >’ requested
    make: *** [tt_hgraph.o] Error 1

I've already had to add a couple of missing header files and redefine a macro but now i'm stuck at this

Just Joined!

TPR compile

I am trying to compile the exact same thing: TPR. I did the make redep and make and now I have this error:
    g++ -I/home/min/a/zpajouhi/ThreeD/tpr5/include -I/usr -c -o check_netlist.o check_netlist.cpp
    In file included from /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.4.7/../../../../include/c++/4.4.7/deque:65,
    from /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.4.7/../../../../include/c++/4.4.7/queue:61,
    from /home/min/a/zpajouhi/ThreeD/tpr5/include/tt_hgraph.h:8,
    from /home/min/a/zpajouhi/ThreeD/tpr5/include/fpga3d.h:28,
    from check_netlist.cpp:6:
    /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.4.7/../../../../include/c++/4.4.7/bits/stl_deque.h: In member function 'void std::_Deque_base<_Tp, _Alloc>::_M_initialize_map(size_t)':
    /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.4.7/../../../../include/c++/4.4.7/bits/stl_deque.h:498: error: expected unqualified-id before '(' token
    In file included from /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.4.7/../../../../include/c++/4.4.7/deque:68,
    from /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.4.7/../../../../include/c++/4.4.7/queue:61,
    from /home/min/a/zpajouhi/ThreeD/tpr5/include/tt_hgraph.h:8,
    from /home/min/a/zpajouhi/ThreeD/tpr5/include/fpga3d.h:28,
    from check_netlist.cpp:6:
    /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.4.7/../../../../include/c++/4.4.7/bits/deque.tcc: In member function 'void std::deque<_Tp, _Alloc>::_M_reallocate_map(size_t, bool)':
    /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.4.7/../../../../include/c++/4.4.7/bits/deque.tcc:820: error: expected unqualified-id before '(' token
    make: *** [check_netlist.o] Error 1

I have no idea what to do with this