Find the answer to your Linux question:
OS: Ubuntu CPU/Ram: 2.0 GHZ / 512 ram Product: Intel celeron / E210882 Subcategory: General I have installed unbuntu, when I try to boot from HDD, I get this message>>>>>>>>>> ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Help me please--Ubuntu Boot Problems

CPU/Ram: 2.0 GHZ / 512 ram
    Product: Intel celeron / E210882
    Subcategory: General

I have installed unbuntu, when I try to boot from HDD, I get this message>>>>>>>>>>

error: font characters not in ascending order: 10984 <=33565415

Hi and Welcome !

I have never seen such error. Does it throw any other error? Could you post a few lines that appear before above error message?
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Nope it just says that. I have the most recent ubuntu install disk.....no matter which Hard drive I install it to, it throws that error.... I don't get it...I have searched for it online---nothing....And right now I am attempting to install it on a 3rd hard drive, trying to eliminate the possibility of it being the HDD, this one is an external hard drive-- 200gb space.... I do not understand this. ON my 40 gig drive, it booted up once, fully, and I restarted and BOOM nothing.
    Last edited by helpmelinux; 07-06-2010 at 02:18 AM. Reason: added info

Have you tried any other installation disk of Ubuntu? From where did you download Ubuntu .iso image?
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First