Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi folks.. i'm working with x86 small computer having 128 ram and 233MHz speed in processor.. and i'm going to do a project which need auto mounting of a pen ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

suggest me a best OS

hi folks..

i'm working with x86 small computer having 128 ram and 233MHz speed in processor..
    and i'm going to do a project which need auto mounting of a pen drive ..though here i'm waiting for your suggestions...

if you can post a url that I can download those OS it would be much appreciated ..
    thankzz

oz
    forum.guy
    Hello and welcome to the forums!

Most distributions will want more than 128 MB of RAM, but you can find some lightweight distributions that might suit your needs here:

Mini Linux - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    oz

Just Joined!
    thanx dude...

but i tried on lot of them ....but I didn't find a OS which supporting automounting and booting in a considerable time (around 1-2 minutes)......(lyk fedora,windowz )

oz
    forum.guy
    You could try doing a minimal base install only of Arch, Crux, Debian, or Gentoo, then install only what you want or need on top of that, but they might complain about the low RAM count, and will probably run rather slowly.
    oz

Puppy and DSL should work with those specs. Being able to load from a pen drive will depend more on your bios than on the distro. Does your bios support booting from USB? You can download them and search for other options at distrowatch.com. Good luck with the hunt.