Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi All, I was using amarok fine with 10.04, upgraded to 10.10 alpha, still worked fine. Decided alpha had a few bugs I didn't like so I completely removed it, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

amarok not building collectoin

Hi All,

I was using amarok fine with 10.04, upgraded to 10.10 alpha, still worked fine. Decided alpha had a few bugs I didn't like so I completely removed it, installed 10.04 from scratch again (I have two partitions, / and /home, only formatted /). Now I can't get amarok to build for me at all. It plays mp3's no problem but when I try to build my collection it pretends to (takes a few minutes but goes relatively fast compared to what it should take to build) then shows 0 songs. I've already tried deleting amarok inside of /home/user/.kde/share/apps/amarok

not sure what to do from here. Any advice appreciated. Thanks all
    Bodhi 1.3 & Bodhi 1.4 using E17
    Dell Studio 17, Intel Graphics card, 4 gigs of RAM, E17

"The beauty in life can only be found by moving past the materialism which defines human nature and into the higher realm of thought and knowledge"

I think the problem is MySQL, MySQL is needed as an external database engine now(your collections is a database), at least on Gentoo systems. Go into Amarok preferences and check the Database engine, look to see what it's currently set at. You might have to setup MySQL. Check on Ubuntu bugs too,,it might have already been reported and solved.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.