Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok, I've narrowed my distro choice down to two: Ubuntu 10.04 and Linux Mint 9. I hear Linux mint is based heavily on Ubuntu, and the two are very similar. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Which one? or both?

Ok, I've narrowed my distro choice down to two: Ubuntu 10.04 and Linux Mint 9. I hear Linux mint is based heavily on Ubuntu, and the two are very similar. I am leaning towards installing both, but if they are basically the same, would that just be a waste of HD, or would I end up never using one of them. If so, which one do you recommend?

Welcome to LF MHardeman25!

The best answer should be to try them both and see what fits you best. Mint is supposed to be a better beginner's Linux distribution than Ubuntu. But imho try them both :P
    Linux is like a Teepee, No Windows, No Gates, Only Apache Inside!
    Arch Linux
    Linux user #442041

Quote Originally Posted by MHardeman25 View Post
    Ok, I've narrowed my distro choice down to two: Ubuntu 10.04 and Linux Mint 9. I hear Linux mint is based heavily on Ubuntu, and the two are very similar. I am leaning towards installing both, but if they are basically the same, would that just be a waste of HD, or would I end up never using one of them. If so, which one do you recommend?
    MINT-9-LXDE, if you please!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    MINT-9-LXDE, if you please!
    I didn't say Ubuntu 10.04 LTS did I? But if it would make you happy, I suppose next time I'll type it all the way out .

I think you missed Zenwalkers intent. Mint 9 has several different versions, each with a different desktop. He was endorsing Mint 9 with the LXDE desktop, available from distrowatch.com, along with the other flavors.