Find the answer to your Linux question:
recently did a clean install of fc13 and need to get flash player back - following the instructions on adobe's wwwebsite but still doesn't appear to be working. if i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

how to install flash player?

recently did a clean install of fc13 and need to get flash player back - following the instructions on adobe's wwwebsite but still doesn't appear to be working. if i try to download & install again i get a message saying it's already installed. thanks in advance for any assistance.

newbie here so please be explicit in any instructions you give - thanks again!

Is it a 32 or 64 bit system?
    Debian GNU/Linux -- You know you want it.

64-bit system

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Code:
    yum remove flash-plugin
    Code:
    cd /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/
    Code:
    urlgrabber http://download.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashplayer10/libflashplayer-10.0.45.2.linux-x86_64.so.tar.gz
    Code:
    tar xvzf libflashplayer-10.0.45.2.linux-x86_64.so.tar.gz
    Code:
    rm -f libflashplayer-10.0.45.2.linux-x86_64.so.tar.gz
    Restart Firefox and awaaaay you go.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Unfortunately, Adobe has currently discontinued their 64 bit flash plugin. The beta version is still available as above, but it has some major security flaws which will not be fixed.

It is possible to run the current 32 bit flash with a 64 bit install, using nspluginwrapper and some 32 bit libraries.

According to this thread, nspluginwrapper should be available in the repos and you can get the 32 bit flash rpm from the adobe website. You will need to remove all vestiges of previous flash installs on your system.

Quote Originally Posted by reed9 View Post
    Unfortunately, Adobe has currently discontinued their 64 bit flash plugin. The beta version is still available as above, but it has some major security flaws which will not be fixed.

It is possible to run the current 32 bit flash with a 64 bit install, using nspluginwrapper and some 32 bit libraries.

According to this thread, nspluginwrapper should be available in the repos and you can get the 32 bit flash rpm from the adobe website. You will need to remove all vestiges of previous flash installs on your system.
    That trick didn't work for me and apparently hundreds of other users also. I think Flash has always been unsecure and always will be, which is why I didn't bother mentioning that in my previous post but as far as I know, the majority of users running 64 bit are having problems installing in Fedora 13 and the normal method (nspluginwrapper) of installing is not working correctly. I really haven't even had time to attempt to figure out why it isn't working.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.