Find the answer to your Linux question:
Does anyone know where I can obtain some good ICC profiles? I need CMYK profiles, please! I don't even care what CMYK profiles they are... as long as they are ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Question Where to Obtain ICC Profiles (CMYK)

Does anyone know where I can obtain some good ICC profiles? I need CMYK profiles, please!

I don't even care what CMYK profiles they are... as long as they are standard ones, not custom.

I am converting a bunch of images using ImageMagick... the profiles I have not are not working. When I went to Adobe's website and hit "Agree" to the license, it brought me to some page to buy/download trials of their software.

These are RGB (TIFs and JPGs) made in GIMP. Here is the command I am using... maybe I am doing something wrong. The images are created in the cmyk folder but they are still RGB:
    Code:
    imageName.tif -profile /usr/share/color/icc/ISOuncoated.icc cmyk/imageName.tif
    UPDATE: Just looked at the URL that Adobe brought me to, after accepting the license agreement....
    Code:
    http://www.adobe.com/downloads/?notFoundID=null
    Last edited by flipjargendy; 09-10-2010 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Original title not descriptive enough.
    Running Linux Since 2001
    Registered Linux User #430868 - Since 91206

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/...c_end-user.zip

I believe they should be extracted to /usr/share/color/icc.

EDIT: This may be of interest to you as well.
    Argyll Color Management System Home Page

Thumbs up

Thanks. I wasn't sure if I should use the Mac files or not. Also, I decided to try a simple search (should have tried it first, like normal) and found that there is a package out there for some profiles.

All I had to do was aptitude install icc-profiles. Those were the ones I already had installed so, I actually re-installed them using aptitude... However, I am downloading the Mac ICCs now and will post how it goes, using them.

Thanks for the Argyll link. I will look at that when I get a chance... for now, I am off to continue working on the catalog that needs to be printed!

I appreciate the help! Have a good day!
    Running Linux Since 2001

Those Adobe ICC files did not work either. If anyone notices something wrong with the command I am using please say. In my first post, was a simple version of the command I am using... here is what I am using, most of the time:
    Code:
    for img in `ls *.tif`; do convert $img -profile /usr/share/color/icc/a-cmyk-profile.icc cmyk/$img; done;
    This produces files in my cmyk directory but they are still RGB.
    Running Linux Since 2001